Haden flat out refuses to go under water. I have tried with every ounce of my being to make him do it and I have finally surrendered to the fact that he is just not going to do it. It does not hamper his fun in any way. Brody on the other hand, will happily go under water, put his face in the water and jump off of the side of the pool to his mommy. We all successfully made it through swimming lessons.
Aunt Heather, Uncle Troy, Olivia, myself and the boys decided that we should go and swim Friday evening. It was great. The water was perfect and the pool was not very busy. Haden wanted to stay in the little pool with Olivia for a while, so Brody and I wandered off to the big pool. We started out just floating and enjoying the life. Then we decided to head to some deeper water so not to get hit anymore with the ball that other kids were throwing around. Brody decided that this would be a GREAT time to start jumping off the side of the pool. We were having a great time and were eventually joined by the rest of the crew. Brody was jumping off the side faster than I could get him up there and was loving it. Well....then it happened. I was not ready for him and so did not help him in time. Now, I might add that when Brody jump, that is it he only jumps, straight up and straight down. That is why I help him, so that he will go forward. This particular jump went straight up, straight down...on his bottom. He never made it into the pool. Brody is no wimp. He cuddled up with me until the pain went away. This lasted for maybe a minute or two and then promptly pointed to the wall and said, "do it."
After a while of the boys and Olivia loving the big pool and having a blast, we headed back to the little pool. This is where the real drama hit. I was holding Olivia and the boys were just walking around in the pool when Brody slipped. He just could not get his feet under him. Thank goodness Uncle Troy is quick on his feet. Brody was retrieved and was VERY unhappy. He ended up sitting out of the pool with Aunt Heather and Olivia. Whenever I would ask him if he wanted to swim he would respond very quickly and firmly with NO!

Haden, however, is quite the little fish other than not going under. He played and played and floated, kicked, splashed and swam. I am very proud mama!! He has just really grown a lot this summer and has been willing to try new things!!!

Brody did venture back into the pool, but he never did travel to far away from me. Poor Haden wanted him to play with him, but Brody was a little unsure. But at least he gave it another shot!!
No comments:
Post a Comment