Monday, June 14, 2010

The Cake Baker!

Happy Birthday Olivia!! My niece turned 1 on Friday and so my sister had a big first birthday party for her and my roll was to make her a cake. Heather and I spent weeks looking for the "perfect" cake for Olivia. Because of VBS all week, I was baking cakes in every bit of free time I had. One of those times, happened to be a time when it was just Brody and myself. He enjoyed his time with me and took full advantage of not getting into trouble. He also felt that anything that I did that day was for him, including Olivia's birthday cake. I don't know how he did it, but those short little arms reached up into the middle of the counter and ate the cake that was going to be decorated!!


We did not let a little half eaten cake set us back!!! We forfeited the cake over to the cake tester and started a new one. Heather came over on Friday to help me out with the three tiered, fondant covered masterpiece. I might add, that my sister is NOT a baker! She was helping me make the fondant for the last cake.

Maybe she should not give up her day job! Love Ya SIS!!


In the end, we turned out a pretty good cake. It took some work, but it was fun to make and for a pretty special little girl. I am pretty certain that I will be cleaning powdered sugar from my kitchen for years to come, but it was well worth the mess!




2 comments:

  1. Great Job! That puts Zoe's cake to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. It looks amazing! Might have to hire you to make Lilly's cake.

    ReplyDelete