Oh Mr. Brody!!! How uneventful his birth story is/was!!! Thank goodness!! I might point out that Wyatt and I did find out what we were having but chose to not share this information with anyone, except the doctor. My doctor, Dr. Thompson was moving to Colorado and informed me at about 6 months pregnant that I would have to have another doctor do the repeat cseaction for my little man. I had it all worked out to have Dr. Wiley deliver the newest addition. At one of my appointments, Dr. Thompson was running a bit late. Once he came in he was very apologetic and was telling me about how he just had a meeting that he was getting out of and that he was telling the staff that he would be coming back to Kansas one day a week through out the beginning of April. I quickly asked if he would then be able to do my surgery. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that he would be thrilled to get that on his schedule! That was about the most exciting part of Brody's birth!! On April 8, 2008, Wyatt and I woke up super early and got to the hospital. I was supposed to go back to surgery at 8:00am. We were all waiting patiently for the doctor to show up and we were starting to get a little concerned when the 8:00 time came and we still had not seen him. Apparently, he had the wrong time down, but no problems because he got there about 8:30am.
They had me walk to the OR where I got all prepped for surgery. I had a horrible time handling the spinal block and my blood pressure kept crashing causing me to pass out, but otherwise, all went great! As soon as the little man was out, I felt BETTER!!! Brody came out crying up a storm!! He was a healthy baby weighing in at 7 pounds 9 ounces and was 20 inches long. They gave him to Wyatt and got to hold him the rest of the stay in the OR. Once it was time to go to recovery, I got to hold him as they wheeled me down the hall and for the next hour in recovery. The entire time he did nothing but cry!!! A mom can get over that when she sees how adorable her baby is!!!
Brody 1 day old!!
Brody is growing to be quite the little man! He got over his constant crying and has turned it into a constant smile! He loves hanging out with his daddy and being on the go. He talks ALL THE TIME, just like his mama. He is also the tiny version of his Grandpa Scott.
No comments:
Post a Comment