Monday, June 4, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

Summer has officially started at the Althof house! To kick off our summer, the boys and I have Vacation Bible School again. But most importantly, TBall has started!!! This summer I have only one player...Brody. I gave Haden the option to play and he chose not to play. I was not surprised as I think batting makes him nervous. That is 24 kids, coaches, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles all focusing on the one person trying to focus on the ball. It makes me nervous thinking about it! I figured he gave it two years and had the same reaction to tball both years, so we retired his glove.

Then there is Brody! He seems to really like it! He does not seem intimidated at all when it comes time to bat! He has even hit the ball with out the T a few times! His mom was quite proud! The learning process for tball is quite confusing for him, but I think he might have it. It took him a while to understand that you don't go after the ball when you hit it but you do when you have your glove on. He is also learning that you have to touch the bases when you run them, but not when you are out in the field except when you are a baseman and you have caught the ball. But really, it all is kind of confusing!!

The best part of watching Brody play, is that he ALWAYS has a smile on his face!!!

 Meet Team Lions!!!! Ferocious crew, aren't they!!
 


Is he not the cutest little tball player!! (I can only say that now, because he is 4. I can't when he is 14!)

 He just made a good hit without using the T!!! GO BRODY!! (Take note that this was before he realized that he needed to go to first base and NOT go get his own ball!)

He was getting prepared to "man" his section on the field. (Either that or he and his buddy have gotten separated after she kept talking to him and sprinkling dirt on his head! But, he was having fun!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment