The other day I was thinking about how my mom and dad would make me do things that I did not want to do. I can remember thinking, why are they doing this. Well....I have officially started doing this to Haden. He is a kindergartener of a mother and grandmother that works for the school system. That gave him the opportunity to be a part of the Winter Sports ceremony for the Holton High School. This was a BIG deal.....to me and my mother! For Haden, not so much!!! He refused to talk about until he went to practice. He decided that maybe it would not be so bad. THEN we got to the game that night. He immediately grabbed tight on my arm and started to cry and asking me to not leave him. I left him with the other kids where he promptly stopped crying once I left his sight. He ended up doing a great job during the ceremony. I might add that once he spotted me, his eyes never left me. He got to carry the flowers for the girls. Only once did I think he was going to bust out into tears and run off the basketball court, but we pulled himself together and finished up. I am more than positive that he was thinking, "why is my mom making me do this!"
I will point out that I did not get a close up picture of him all dressed up, but he looked very handsome and grown up!!! Once we got home he promptly undressed. I think that he was completely done with the experience. He did get a gift for participating, a basketball, which he does love! Something good did come out of the experience!
My pictures are not the best, but still wanted to share!




On a side note, I found this picture. Brody was trying to help me wrap Christmas presents.
Isn't this how you like to watch TV?
No comments:
Post a Comment