Saturday, August 7, 2010

The People of Walmart

Now, I know everyone has seen the pictures of the people of Walmart. I can bet most of you have even visited the website. I know that I have and every time I get a good laugh out of it. After having seen the pictures I can bet that you go to Walmart and actually pay more attention to people or even seek them out. I think that I have become very conscious as to what I am wearing before I leave the house to go get my toilet paper. I sometimes wonder if I should not wear my Sunday best just to be on the safe side!
It seems that I have noticed more and more people in Holton, KS that could make the website. I have yet to take a picture for several reasons. 1) the person is standing beside me and it would be to obvious. 2) the boys would ask in their not so quiet voice, "mommy, why are you taking a picture of that lady/man, and 3)my purse is to big and my phone always falls to the bottom and by the time I dig it out, the opportunity has passed. Just the other day, I saw the ultimate. I actually had to do a double take just to make sure I was seeing correctly. A woman was looking at the DVD's and minding her own business. Except I wish that she had more of her business tucked away. I would say that she was a healthy eater. She did not bother to comb her long black locks since 1985 and I am pretty sure that was when she bought her shirt. You will remember these shirts. You buy a huge shirt, cut out the arm holes to reveal your sports bra. Well....lets just say she did not get the memo on the sports bra, but God bless her for wearing one at all. That would just been a bad day. She continued her outfit with those pajama pants with frogs on them. I am sure she bought them many years ago for sleeping. I also have to wonder if she was shorter back then as her pants were not quiet capri style. She topped off her ensemble with a lovely shade of green slouchy socks with white keds. BUT the best part of the outfit was the bright PINK underwear that had made their way out of the back of her pants. She could have solved this with just a simple spot check. Girls, you know what I am talking about, it is when you simply run your hand down the back of your shirt to make it look like you were adjusting it, but really you were making sure your underwear was in the right spot and not above the waist. I am guessing that this lady was all ready for a movie night when she realized that she needed the movie and thought she would slip to Walmart and no one would see her.
I think that there are other people at Walmart that I have to wonder about. Just today I was in Topeka to get material for my classroom. I walked up to the check out and Mr. Sunshine wanted to know where my other ticket for the material was. I nicely told him that I was only given the one. He then goes on to tell me that I should have another one because I have three items and the ticket said that I have two. Again, I explained that I have only one. Now continues to repeat himself in that conceding tone that says "I think you are trying to rip off Walmart." At this point I am tired of his attitude and really just want to go home, so I repeat myself (with NO smile) in a matter of fact tone. He looks at me and says "well, whatever" and proceeds to wad up the material and throw it into the bag. He then stares at me because apparently my transaction is complete. He then not so kindly throws me my receipt. At this point I want to tell him, "if I am going to rip off Walmart, I am not going to go through the check out line OR bye material." Instead I ask him if this was my bag (he did not bother to turn the bag around for me.) He just looks at me like I am stupid. I look up at him and flash him the biggest smile and with my most annoyed voice thank him for his service and to have a nice day. I refrained from sharing that his finger nails were entirely to long for a male and that they should be clipped. I would say that he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and he had BETTER be grateful that he had this particular girl and not my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment