Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kindergarten and First Grade


It was a day of firsts for Haden and I a couple of weeks ago. We both had our FIRST day back to school. Haden started Kindergarten and I started my first day of teaching 1st grade. We were both exhausted by the end of the day and slept in on that following Saturday. It was nice to take Haden to school with me! When school is over, he just walks down to my room or plays with some of the other kids whose moms or grandma's work at the school. It has worked out really well!
I have 23 students and they are a GREAT group. I am a pretty lucky teacher! I am really liking this change that I have made. It is certainly different than teaching special education, but I am adjusting! I miss my old students but I am busy keeping up with 6 and 7 year olds instead!
Haden is in Mrs. Hundley's class this year. She is also a friend of mine, so Haden is learning that he should probably not call her, "mom's friend" any more! I have also explained to him that he should not call her Heather either, even if that is her first name! He is loving it and thinks it is great that he takes his lunch and sits next to his friend Brayden. But best of all, he has 3 recesses!! I am happy that he is talking to his teacher and friends! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment