Sorry...no pics to go with my post! You will have to just read!! I remember when I had Haden I was going to be that mom that limits the amount of tv that he watches. Then....along came Brody! I decided that maybe an occasional television show would not hurt a thing. The occasional show has turned into Daddy and boys time! Hey, they are all entertained and I am able to cut my way peacefully through the mounds of laminate!! The TV shows are then turned into the daily games that they play during the day! We have gone deer hunting in the tree stand (they will shush you if you are to loud!) They have been swamp loggers and crocodile hunters. When they come to school with me, they LOVE to play Ice Road Truckers with my chains for my students art work and they think it is great fun to catch crab over the sides of the desks. Most of these shows are seasonal. We are now starting into the season of what Brody calls the "Storminator." We are now catching bugs and snakes just like Billy on Billy the EXTERMINATOR! Brody has also been showing interest in a new show call Mary and Pickles. No, this is not on Disney or Nick Jr. We learned that he is really talking about American Pickers.
I have not really understood why my kids really have no interest in cartoons or shows on PBS, Disney, or Nick Jr. But on the bright side, they will know how to humanely catch a crocodile if one were to ever make its way into the yard!
No comments:
Post a Comment