Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another Cake

I was asked to make another cake for a friend of mine. Her husband was turning 40 and she asked me to make a cake for her. I was very honored that she asked me. I will admit that I am pleased with how the cake turned out. I finished baking the cakes on Thursday and was planning on decorating the cakes on Friday to be ready for Saturday. Of course things did not go as I had planned. It began to storm Friday and we lost our electricity for a little while. It is hard to use the mixer without power!! I was finally able to get the frosting made and decorated the cakes by party time on Saturday. I wish that I could say that I did it all without any major panic attacks, but that would just be a dishonest! I believe that at one point my mom told me to drink a beer and chill out. I must have been a lot more panicky than normal!! I have to admit that the final product did not turn out to bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment