Saturday, November 19, 2011

First grade

I have not abandoned the blogging world, I just have no time to sit down and blog. I would love to say that it is because we have been wildly busy doing amazing and fabulous things. In all reality it is because I eat, sleep, and breath school. If it is not homework for my master's, or doing Haden's homework, than it is for my own classroom. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a first grade teacher. I have a classroom full of 24 of the most adorable, sweet, and innocent students in the world. However, there are many of them, so I have to constantly be on my toes. Being my first year at first grade, I am learning just like they are! Classroom management is a whole different thing with 24 five year olds. I am used to 3-8 third through fifth graders. I spend my day teaching reading and math, tying shoes, finding crayons, and zipping coats, but I would not change it for the world. Plus, they just say the cutest things!!! I posted on my facebook several months ago about teaching first grade being good on the confidence. I have been told that I am skinny, beautiful and gorgeous. Are they not the best!!! I am get to hear some of the funniest things. I think that the best thing that I have heard yet was a response to a question. We had read a little reader about a group of kids that put on a show. The show they put on had a big bad wolf that wanted to eat dinner. The wolf went to the first house made of sticks and blew the house down and there was a little pig. No, I am not retelling you the three little pigs. The wolf went to the second house were he blew down the house of a crocodile! and the last house was that of a lion and the big bad wolf ran away scared because both animals could eat him. I had asked the kids to share what animal they would want to be if they were in the story. I said that I wanted to be a porcupine because the wolf could not eat through my quills. I had comments such as a snake because the wolf would be scared, a tiger because it would eat the wolf and so on. I get to the last little girl and her response was a mermaid. Not understanding I asked her to explain. Her response, "mermaids are beautiful animals and the wolf would think that so he would want to date me. A wolf won't eat somebody that he is dating!" Well........good point! I am certainly learning how to control my facial muscles!

No comments:

Post a Comment